PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 17 December 2011

NEW!! XIII v.10: El Cascador




El Cascador
Authors: Vance & Van Hamme
Age: 15 years and up
Size: 18.4 x 25.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
Publication: November 2011
ISBN: 9781849181020
Price: £5.99 inc. VAT

Captured and imprisoned in the Roca Negra fortress, XIII is being tortured by the sinister Colonel Peralta. But, for all his pain and suffering, he’s also in the same building as Maria, the woman who may be his wife. And they have plenty of dedicated, resourceful friends outside… as well as at least one traitor. Still unsure of his past, Jason McLane will have no choice but to become the man known as “El Cascador” to clean up Costa Verde once and for all.

Well. Really all I need to write is: “Van Hamme and Vance” and that tells you everything.  Of course, I must not leave out the colour work of Petra which is so ***** brilliant –look at that first page and the toning of the scene using colour (I really wish I worked in colour at times!).

We’re up to volume 10 and I’m glad this one arrived before Christmas because I was hanging on by a thread after the last volume (it happens as you get older).  The cover looks great but does not prepare you for what is inside where the action really starts –as does the murder and double –even triple- dealing.
I’m just typeless over what else I can write. 

This is the business as far as a good action, espionage thriller in comic form goes.  WHY can’t we do something like this in the UK?? (Don’t get me started).

I’ll award it 25 out of 10 because I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment