PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Wanga Comics -PANTZ #1!


PANTZ #1
Wanga Comics
Alexandre Foret (W)
Fed M (Frederic Mur)
Colours Pascal Nino & Fed M
US size
Full Colour
32 pages
3.99 Euro (Bel 4.60 Euro)  UK £3.30
 
 
On 11th September, 2001, while Alister White was working in the New York World Trade Centre he witnessed what many Americans saw as the fall of the modern world. Donning the Pantz (Panther) costume, White goes about trying to rescue survivors: risking his life to save those of strangers.

This is the prologue book and, when I initially opened it I just thought “this does not look very good.”  I started back to working on the latest issue of Adventure and by yesterday I was ready to start reviewing again. So I picked up Pantz and wondered how I could give it a “goodish” review.  I went through the book once, then twice and then a third time and I’m glad I did not review it upon receipt because it is good.

The art style was a little so-so for the first two pages and then –WHAM!  The story is simple enough and there are no huge swathes of dialogue so even as a very poor reader of French I had no problems.  This could develop into a good series.  The art by Fed M grows on you quickly and the superb colour work adds more impact and is really cool.

Sorry, I almost sounded fan-boyish then.

There are some nice sketches included and I’ll be adding Fed Ms blog link  to the blog roll later.  Really glad that I took the chance and purchased (yes, purchased) this.

No comments:

Post a Comment