PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Wanga Comics: Strangers 4 & Strangers Universe 2




Strangers #4
Jean-Marc Lofficier (W)
Alfredo Macall (A)
Anthony Dugenest (C)
32pp
full colour
US size


Homicron, sent to the distant planet “Alpha”! Starlock, powerful guardian of the bridge on the stars exiled on Earth! Jaleb the telepath, secret agent of the “Galactic Federation”! Jayde, young shapeshifter, abandoned on the planet! And the mysterious, Futura, a native of another land! Five strangers in a hostile world grouped by Tanka, son of the jungle and guardian of Time! Five aliens, who alone can protect our world from cosmic threats beyond human understanding.



Stangers II # 4:
Tanka and Jayde face Azaka Thunder … Guest Star: The Black Driver!

I have to admit that I was a little unsure, based on the cover for some reason, whether I would like this issue as I was getting into Pierre Minne’s art.  However, this was well drawn and nicely detailed and the new look Black Driver was interesting.

So, yes, after my concerns, I did enjoy this. It shows that the French can do super hero/action comics just as well as the Americans.


Strangers Universe #2

STRANGERS UNIVERSE #2
Jean-Marc Lofficier & Terry Stillborn (W)
Mike Ratera
Eduard Apuente
48 pages
full colour
US size
Perfect bound

I mentioned the storyline in my review of Strangers Universe #1 that you can find here:
http://www.comicbitsonline.com/2012/03/24/hexagon-comics-strangers-universe-1/

I did write that I was not overly keen on Ratera’s art-style. However, in the second part of this Kabur vs Zembla storyline I found that it did grow on me.  Not sure why and I try never to question these things!
And the colour work looks very, very nice.

To the French comic fans that visit CBO regularly I would recommend these books -you can buy them via the Wanga online store (see the blog roll).  The pity is that Strangers and Strangers Universe will not get the attention that they deserve simply because they are French and so in the French language.

This is a great pity but I hope that some day Lofficier manages to make a deal with some US publisher to get them into English.

Far better than a lot of the DC and Marvel stuff available.

Check out Wanga Comics On Face Book

https://www.facebook.com/wanga.comics?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment