PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 11 August 2013

How Imagineers Proved I Was Right About Doing Interviews!

People keep asking me why I do not do interviews.  Well, if it was a serious -SERIOUS- interview I might relent.

However, the fullest interview I gave was with Canadian Phil Latter and it goes off in all directions so, though I am not happy with it, others seem to be. Which brings us to Lee Davis.

Lee produced a zine titled Mondo in the late1990s to 2003 (?) which contained strips, reviews and lots of photographs of Daily Sport page 3 girls with drawn over(photo) costumes added. It was fun and I even drew a strip for Lee but I've no idea what happened with that!

Anyway, he did his research and asked whether I'd consent to an interview to go into Imagineers magazine?  I relented. He had a good few of my publications plus samples of work I did for other companies even I never had -how could this go wrong?

Well, firstly, I never heard a word from Lee again and despite rumours I did not "disappear him".  Secondly, It was only at a 2003 Bristol Comic Expo when someone mentioned my interview in the magazine that I even knew it had been published. Yep, neither Lee nor the editor (standard courtesy with magazines -or it was) sent me a complimentary copy. Nice.

Rushing around I found one last, slightly tatty copy.

I wish I had not.

I cannot even...dare not...write what I said out loud when I saw the 'interview'! Did he use any of the work he mentioned in the interview? No. He used doodles I had made on the corner of letters/notes. ****** AWFUL!!!  One page he did use was from a 1986 copy of Adventure featuring Prentiss -The Mummy...story mine but not the art.

And the serious interview?

Well, bugger all seemed to be used just the non-interview jokes - and was it put together with any order in mind??   I read it and thought that if I was not me and saw this I'd think "what a tosser!" And an amateurish tosser to boot!

Who the **** was editing Imagineers?

So,after 11 years I have calmed down slightly but when I found this issue in a box I thought "I'll show them WHY!"

One thing I note is that, even in 2002, I was preaching the "same old gospel" to a dead congregation! But it is funny....I have to laugh.....Lee -where are you?









No comments:

Post a Comment