PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 25 August 2013

Titan Books: Devil May Cry




Devil May Cry
Izu & Pion
Hard Cover
48pp
Full Colour
August 2013
$9.99 US/£8.99 UK
ISBN: 9781782760221

"Titan Comics is pleased to announce the launch of the Devil May Cry™: The Vergil Chronicles graphic novel. Based on the re-imagination of Capcom’s stunning Devil May Cry™ videogame, the series divulges the shocking secrets behind this world-famous saga. 

Set against a contemporary backdrop, Devil May Cry depicts a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. 
This comic prequel reveals the crucial back-story of the franchise’s hero, Dante, and his twin brother Vergil; with never-before-told revelations about these iconic game characters!"
 Okay, I think everyone knows that I'm a war-gamer -figures/armies on tabletops to battle it out. I played "Pong" in the 1980s but that just blew my mind.   So, with my young nephew and niece I decided to "give it a go"....and  I swore never to be humiliated by 6 and 7 year olds again.

So I have no background on the game involved.  I'm coming at this as a comicker with a love on Manhua, even though I'm told that the characters in this book have been "Westernised" -there is the Manhua look and feel though both creators are French.

There is enough "weird" and crazy in this to keep me happy. The art is superb -as you can see from the pages below.  I have actually looked through this book so many times since it arrived and I still love it.  The story is good and, like all good BD series, there is that "to be continued" on the final panel!

Annoying because this was a good read and the quality of print is excellent. 

Another book I would happily recommend!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment