About Me

My Photo
THE UKs LARGEST INDEPENDENT COMICS PUBLISHER Between 1984-1994 I worked freelance as a writer/artist/editor/agent in comics as well as comics journalism for MU Press,Blue Comet Press,Fantagraphic Books,Eros Comics,Dorne,Fleetway,IPC and others in the United States,UK and Europe. During this period I also produced large numbers of single panel gag cartoons for agencies in Germany such as Boiselle-Lohmann and Baaske Agency –these going to magazines and publications around Europe. I also worked as a freelance editor in comics and publications ranging from wildlife,astronomy and science fiction magazines. From 1984 to present I've been self publishing comics as well as publications on a wide variety of subjects under the Black Tower banner. I have also produced packages of work for companies in India,Hong Kong and China. I have also been working as an industry advisor for smaller companies in countries such as India,Canada,Singapore,China,Europe and the US. hoopercomicsuk@yahoo.com

Total Pageviews

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Brian "Bib" Edwards

For those of you involved in the Small Press or who were active in the 1980s and read the adventures of Captain Biplane in Braque (google and you'll find examples online) I have some sad news.

Creator Brian "Bib" Edwards sadly died yesterday. He was in his seventies and in a care home suffering from pulmonary fibrosis.  Apparently, the last words to his family were: "I'm going to sleep now" and he passed away.

My sincere condolences to his wife, Lynn, and his sons.

Tempus fugit, old son.

2 comments:

  1. From Ben R. Dilworth in Japan:"Just read your mail about 'Bib' Edwards. God, that's a bastard. I read a couple of 'Bib's comics back in the 80's ( one Braque ) and thought the guy was a genius. Whimsy, humour, craziness and pathos, all rolled up in old style comic book sensibilities. I still have fond memories of the Braque I bought and it's dodo-bird character."

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a close friend of Bib's told me he had died earlier that day the sadness was overwhelming. A lovely man who was kind, generous, with no malice and a good listener. I will always remember the humour we shared in our student days and the more recent on "line chats."

    "Chocks away Captain Biplane."

    My deepest and sincere sympathy to Lynne and family.

    ReplyDelete