PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 18 May 2014

Atlas? Mighty Crusaders? THERE'S A Choice???


I got a message on Face Book from someone who asked if, as I say, Marvel and DC comics are so dead to me, which characters would I like to work on?

He had to ask???

Firstly, The Mighty Crusaders. The 1960s/1980s team. A core membership but with visiting members such as The Fox, et al.  There MUST be some way of getting permission to use The Fly -I mean, come on: we are not talking Middle East peace negotiations here.

Oh, and, yes, I have a few twists that would bring in the current newbie heroes.  But, let's face it, that is never ever going to happen.

That said, the other all time, short-lived favourites of mine are the 1970s Atlas-Seaboard characters such as The Tarantula, Phoenix, Grim Ghost and, naturally, The Brute!

I have put together and submitted several proposals in the last 20 years but not even a "get lost!"  The more recent Atlas resurrection was....not great. Let's not go into that here.

Again, there must be a way to gather all those characters together again -as with the 1980s Mighty Crusaders, Rich Buckler was also involved at Atlas.

And, no, I will not go into details -we're talking comics here: industry of a thousand stolen ideas ("ideas can't be copyrighted" as one editor told me when a story I'd verbally outlined was stolen...by him!).  The ideas swish and swash about in my head where they will stay -unless I adapt them for Black Tower using my characters.

Hey, I look at it this way -they are missing out, not me. PLEEEEASE!

Now I'm going to go over my once heady storylines.


The Brute #2


hhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment