PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 9 July 2014

A BIG "THANK YOU" To Ben Dilworth

Every-so-often I need to say thanks to someone. Usually myself because, without me, I'd be nowhere.

However, I would like to thank someone who has provided Black Tower Comics & Books with some great prose and comic albums and who came along just as I was thinking I'd run out of things to publish. His contribution has kept the printers in business and me shouting "Oy! The lettering! The panelling!!" on many a dank day.

He is an under rated artist and if you know him you'll know what I mean.  So...

THANK YOU Ben Dilworth!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the unexpected 'thank you'. And a 'thank you' back to you, Terry, for not just publishing me, but keeping going with the BLACK TOWER line and the blog. I know that it's not been that easy, so I ( and I'm sure quite a few others ) want you to know that it is really appreciated. Good job.
    A little side note; I dropped a fairly large package into the post today - it should reach you in about a week. Sadly, it's not as waterproof as the others I've sent, so I hope it doesn't get too wet. As you know I can't really draw right now, so this stuff is basically culled from past projects ( especially the A5 Black Tower Mart Specials I made last year ), and re-hashed for whichever Marts you can attend this year. I
    hope it's useful. Cheers, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm making glossy Maakika postcards and A4 card prints to sell and I need to get to the 1980s/1990s spare zines to price. I'm not even sure if I have a table...or even half a table yet! I have ordered the Independents which is a big book with work by you, Paul and me. Also the collected Dilworth and Dark Night Detectives so I ought to have enough and I KNOW I'm going to be carting it all back home!! Hey -Black Tower is a social service. It keeps me off the streets and the rate of assaults, beatings and so on has gone down..Unkle TwIsTed says "Hi!" ..."Hi" my ***** arse you ******* limp-wristed ***** ponce! I know you ****** re-used that ******** postage stamp -that's a ****** crime ya ******* and ****** an tell him th ******** japs wont ******** let me ******* in!

    Uh, can't really tell him not to type what he wants and, after all, he did help see off those alien invaders with a lead pipe....

    Ahhh. Feel the luuuuurve!

    ReplyDelete