PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 7 July 2014

DR Who....WTF??


Want to see Doctor Who series 8 opener Deep Breath with Peter Capaldi before it's on TV?

It was 07:54hrs or a quarter-to-eight for most people.  Who was phoning me at that time? It had to be bad news, right?

I picked up the phone:

"Hello?"

"Hi there. Is that Terry Hooper?"

"Uh, yes. Who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Steve. I'm a researcher with the BBC Cambridge radio news people."

"And can I ask my the feckin hell you've called me at this time?"

A bit of talk about whether the call was at an inconvenient time...blah blah blah.

"So what do you want?"

"Well, as you run a Dr Who blog we thought we'd try to get your views on the next series being the last the BBC is going to make?"

"It is? Well, I'm not that big a fan of the new doctors and I do not run a Dr Who blog--"

"Oh. Sorry."

Phone put down ("The caller has cleared").

I've heard nothing on the radio and seen nothing on tv or in newspapers so I have no idea what the crap was going on.  Maybe they should have contacted Rich Johnson!!

2 comments:

  1. The usual depth of investigative journalism - he didn't read the content of your posts, just saw you had some Dr. Who stuff up recently and made a phone call. If I'd been you, Terry, I'd have strung the fucker along with some outrageous opinions and then suggested an interview on Cambridge BBC. It'd have been worth it just for the free day out. "Obviously the Doctor's soul has been fused as one with the universe and the Daleks were a creation from the Doctor himself - or a version of him - that he used to defeat the Time Lords. Davros is the Doctor's father.. though, in fact, the Doctor is Davros' father in a different incarnation - making the Doctor his own granpa, and therefore the first cause. Banana Daiquiri ?.... or a jelly baby ?"
    Time travel. Ah. The idiots answer to every problem and the solution to none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I very strongly suspect that the caller was a hoaxer trying to get a blog to publish the rumour. Another blogger tells me he was called at 8 am and a friend who is a Dr Who fan got a call just after him. Too many morons -I checked Radio Cambridge and they know nothing. There are a lot of morons out there who have nothing better to do!

    ReplyDelete