PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 1 July 2014

It Was DEFINITELY An "OMG!" Moment -And No Naked Women Were Involved!

Whoa. You know when they just slowly say out loud "Oh....My....God!" ? Well so did I. Now it's not a question of why someone who believes in no god(s) would say this.  No. Its what I found -this!

Now, having being treated as less than nothing by the current organisers of the Bristol Expo (which is why I no longer support nor advertise that dying event) I think I wrote in a post that I had been publicising the event since 2003/2004?

Well, I was going through an archive box full of Small Press stuff that I hope to start selling this year, and I thought "That's not a zine!" Turned it over and found the Comics 99 booklet plus a couple of ads I had run in the printed Comic Bits. Do you know I can't remember much about the event.  But, yes, I was publicising the successor to the UK Comic Art Convention well before I remembered doing so!

So, I was -was- a supporter of the event for 15 years which makes the new organisers' and their insulting behaviour/rudeness even worse.

1999 -2014....WHERE did all those years go??!!

2 comments:

  1. Nostalgia is great - isn't it ( even if the bastards don't give you your due ) ? And with the AniMangaPop event coming up - you've got something to plan for, too. For once, things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. NOT this year. Its £10 more for a table at the AniMangaPop! event but I guess more people MIGHT know about comics. Sadly, with no car, its a bit further but that's no problem. I needed someone to help out at the table and lug stuff along. No one. So, fingers crossed for the smaller event as the bus stops almost outside -incoming and outgoing. Really **** off but that's how it goes. And I am getting really **** off with comic people. Deep breaths....

    ReplyDelete