PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 3 July 2014

The Mad Mullah, The Hidden Man, The Lost Kid, The Tall Bloke and the Handsome Artist.


There I was, continuing to sort through my archive boxes when I was staring at a photograph, off-white paper, in issue 13, January, 1990 of Comics F/X: The Comic Fandom Examiner. There were a number of articles on the UK Small Press and comics as I had been pushing them heavily in the United States.  It may be why this was "The UK Invasion" issue!

The photograph was in bad shape which is not surprising considering the newsprint paper. The photo itself was never returned by Comics F/X, but then a lot of things weren't. The caption reads: "L-R: Terry Hooper, Mad Mike, Ben Dilworth and John Erasmus.  It was taken during 1988 or 1989 at a Westminster (London) Comic Mart.  Hidden behind me is a man with a Maggie Thatcher hairstyle clutching (we believe) a photo of said hag, is Darron Northall.

At the time one of my names -not of my choice,- was "The Mad Mullah"...a name I would prefer not to be called in the current world climate (MI5 please note).

Fun times.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry we didn't return your photo. We were operating on a broken shoestring, but I would have sent it back if I'd known it was not an extra.

    ReplyDelete