PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 1 July 2014

When To Simply Walk Away -Email cons aimed at blogs

Right. I had an enquiry two weeks ago about adding a paid for link to CBO.  I wrote back and asked what the link was for and how much they were offering and pointed out what this site deals with.

I got an email back that they wanted to pay for an add that tied in with my site.

I wrote back stating that I was not going to just add a link to my site blindly so needed to know what they wanted to advertise and how much they were offering.

I got a reply "not to worry" and that it fitted in with my site.

AGAIN -what did they want to add and what were they offering to pay.?

Told again not to worry and under this were around twenty (20) url links. Yeah, like I'm going to click on links from an unidentified 'company' and twenty? Feck off.

So, I thought on last go. Simple questions: company name?   what did they want to advertise?  How much were they offering?

Nothing.

Days later "Did you get my email about advertising on your site?"

I wrote back that I was not going to respond to any other emails and that they would now be reported as junk UNLESS I got answers to the questions I asked.

Two hours later: "Did you get my email -I am waiting for a reply!"  Oh, and a phone number to contact.  Then...

"Diana Alfie
To Me
 

Today at 6:55 AM
 
We want to post our article at your site with our one or two links. For this we will pay you.

Let me about your decision."
And:
" HI,


waiting for your reply..........???"

ALL female names on these emails and let me tell you that this is NOT legitimate.  A company will come to you with the advert and offer a certain amount and await your reply.  If after two weeks you've had nothing more than dumb-ass replies its a con.

Walk away.

You can add it to those countless women who email you and have all -INCREDIBLY- had exactly the same lives....you know what I mean?  This:

 tina bello
To Me
Today at 11:44 AM

Hello my dear Beloved;,

I am Mrs Tina Bello ,i am a 56 years old woman and a citizen of
Romania. But i am a resident in Hong Kong through my late husband who
was an hong kong man.

I was born an orphan and GOD blessed me abundantly with riches but no
children.
And i am not a happy woman because, i have no husband and children. As
at now, i am seriously sick, i just came out from hospital back to my
home. I am suffering from lung cancer and i had patial stroke which
has affected my speech. I can no longer talk and half of my body is
paralysed.The doctor say i have about two months to live. I send this
email to you with the help of my private female nurse who is typing my
request.I have little time so, i have committed myself in spreading my
wealth towards better health care for mankind in the hospital where i
am, i have given the hospital management (us$15 millions)to upgrade
and build a new cancer research facility.

I have also made some cash donations to orphanage children in somalia,
ethiopian, sudan and some in south africa. I have succeded in
spreading my liquid cash towards well deserved means. My soul is
happy. What i am doing gives me joy. I am now sharing my properties
and valuables.

Morever, i dont know you but i am contacting you with the hope
that,you will be able to carry out my wish for the sake of humanity. I
have the sum of (us$15.6 million) given to me by my late chinese
husband.The funds is deposited in a bank. I want you to take custody
of the funds and use it to build and operate orphanage house in your
country or you can look for someone to operate it, if you are unable
to operate it. You will name the orphanage house 'Mr Tina Bello
Orphanage house'. You must follow my wish for it will gladen my heart.
If you are ready to do this and carry out my wish, then send me the
informatrions below:

[1]Your Names,
[2]Your Phone And Fax Numbers,
[3]Your Residental Address,

Please you can reply to my private email address.(t_bello03@hotmail.com)
My Lawyer will be in contact with you. May GOD guide us.
 
TEN women contacted me with this very same story yesterday.  Five the day before...four so far today. Its all synchronicity..or...a...con???

3 comments:

  1. They must be pretty thick to think that anyone would ever fall for such an obvious con like that email you've printed. Although, having said that, someone must be biting for them to be so persistent. I'd change my password if I were you, Terry - just in case. Replying to those earlier emails may have given them the chance to hack your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kid. Yeah, obviously a con. I did change my password and if they guess its myxyezptlex I'll be amazed!

    ReplyDelete