PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 11 August 2014

Look What I Found, My Pretties...

Well, electric cupboard cleared out and THREE boxes I've not seen for a loooong time are found.

So, I'm going through the (seriously) ream sized stack of scripts from the 1980s-1990s and the art by artists (strangely) who then could not be bothered because they realised drawing comics was hard work.

Suddenly: "Don't I recognise that type of card?"  Yes!  Another original Ben Dilworth cartoon from 1989 -"Development Of The Species"!


Excellent.  Then I found an A3 folded sheet of paper ----WOW!  Another 1989 Ben Dilworth -this a poster of the great Davy Francis character Cider-Man!


So, for Ben, hopefully, some good memories.  For me...needing to buy more frames!!

3 comments:

  1. Yep. You're right, Terry. A very wonderful ( and slightly teary ) trip down memory lane. I had completely forgotten about the Cider Man poster. I do like the Development of Species cartoon... thanks for putting these up. I used to be a pretty decent artist, didn't I ? Glad Green Skies is developing... the origins of the Universe ? ....nah...400 pages ? Closer to 600 I'd guess....
    In other news; I had a look through the package and loved the Dr. Morg notes, as well as the Dr. Morg POW story - it explains a lot about the character. Well... I'll leave it there. I'm writing a letter now that'll go off in a small package very soon - I'll let you know when it goes:oh,and a personal note: SUB ZERO needs a hug. Could you send him a 'cheer up' message ? From me it'd just seem vaccuous. Seeya. Off to hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought I'd explain that 'teary' comment - you can't get cider in Japan..... they think 'cider' is only sweetened soda ( like lemonade ) BoooooHOooooHOOOOooBooOOOhoooOO... no wonder my super powers are waning....
    also; I'm sending this info in the letter but I thought I'd include it here, too. Lord Perish 'Blue Ribbon'. OK. Sounds like a good idea.I only have BTvol1 #53. So scans of the rest of the story ( reduced - dbl sided OK to reduce postage costs ) would be welcome. Right. Now to work. Cheers... but no cider...
    how can I go on living....?

    ReplyDelete