PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 26 September 2014

Cinebook The 9th Art: XIII Mystery I -The Mongoose






Authors: Xavier Dorison & Ralph Meyer
Age: 15 years and up
Size: 18.4 x 25.7 cm
full colour
64 pages
paperback
 ISBN: 9781849182102
Price: £8.99 inc. VAT

Publication: August 2014


He was XIII’s most dogged enemy from the start, but who really was the Mongoose, that mysterious assassin-for-hire who nearly killed the amnesiac hero so many times?

During an encounter between him and Kim Rowland - an event that took place just before the start of the XIII series - the merciless hitman tells the story of his childhood and how he became a contract killer. ‘Anyone would have in my circumstances’, he claims. But would they?

You be the judge.

Bloody hell.  Well, I actually used stronger words than that.

I saw the cover -XIII?? But that finished...NOT by Van Hamme? Oh gods this is going to be bad.  It really is.  "Overseen" by Van Hamme?  I was not full of faith in this.

Okay, the cover looks great. The artwork inside is yet more artistic brilliance from Europe and great colour work by Caroline Delabie and Ralph Meyer.  If you can fault this classic piece of comic work then you are delusional.  It doesn't get much better.

oops. Sounding over-enthusiastic there.

The story.  Well, I sat and read it.  Then I read it again.  The number of times I just said "whoah!" and "Oh, ****!" I lost count of.  I've seen classic films with twists and turns give me this reaction but it's rare with a comic book.  I could tell you the scenes, what was said -WHY I reacted like I did but in the end I just looked at that last page....well, it was for a few minutes.

Now, Wisher was a treat and got me excited but this book. This just came up out of nowhere and BLAM!! I am going to have a break and read this again and if the second XIII related book, Irina, is even half as good as this I'll need tranquilising!

BUY THIS BOOK!





No comments:

Post a Comment