PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 26 November 2014

I Am Away!

In my mind anyway.  Totally and utterly exhausted with comics.  Face Book tells me I've reached a new milestone -"100 Likes".  I'd much prefer 100 sales.

Might be back who knows.

3 comments:

  1. I was writing this as a letter, but, for better or worse, I'll send part as a comment. What a pile of shit. I feel really sorry for you but worse for the people from America and others who came from outside Bristol. What a pile of shit. Why hold the event if your not interested in it ? It doesn't make sense. Small claims court - yes. Good. You won't get much out of it ( if anything ) but it'll make the idiots think twice before holding an event - or not holding an event as the case seems. Parking reductions and so on are organized by the event holder not the event space - you can negotiate, but except for big names ( that are a benefit to the venue advertising itself ) free is rare - I know from my own experience here- .the cost of parking is down to the shit organizers. I'm surprised that the people who attended - when they realized what was going on, and that must've been pretty quickly - didn't get together, whip up some flyers ( use the hotels photocopier at a discount ) and go out on the streets to get some interest up; some people might've dropped in. Some is better than none. Ah, fuck it.
    The report on the event was nice - even though the event was crap. Nice photo's and a nice display. Pity there were no punters. Darron turned up to help. That's a big thank you to Darron.
    As for the price increases - good. Why under-cut yourself ? There are some books I want to buy -but I'll tell you by letter and collect them next year when I take a holiday to the UK ( if I'm allowed to travel ). I'll finish here, as I'm afraid the internet is going to drop out again. Take it easy Talk to you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attendees were mostly all young and, sad to say, the gumption of the good old days just isn't there anymore. Did that one man come from America? I really do doubt it because if he had a business manager they would have sued.

    ReplyDelete