PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 21 November 2014

Of Course, You Realise No One Cares?

Well, I will NOT be going to set up the table for the BCP Expo tonight.  Two things have let me down badly but the main problem is that I'm on the outskirts of Bristol and we have one, very bad, bus service at the moment that I'm told will see BIG delays (if you are in Bristol you will have noticed Bristol Water is ripping up most main roads!) tonight. Last time there were no roadworks on a Friday night and I had to wait almost two hours for a bus (and, no, it is NOT a country service).

So, it is a torrential dsownpour outside and Thursday First Bus removed the bus shelter.  Am I going to stand in the cold, pouring rain HOPING a bus arrives on time?  Feck that. I've used buses since I was a little kid so I KNOW the score.

It looks like tomorrow morning will be my new get-there-early to set up day.  As the rain outside turns to slight hail, I ask -who gives a feff!!

4 comments:

  1. I hear what you are saying. Yesterday I went to the comic shop in Esslingen and there were street works everywhere. Every time I go to the comic shop ( between every four weeks and every three months ) there is different roadwork and every time I need at least half an hour to find out where the bus stops have gone now.

    Which is why in most cases it´s every three months I go there. Now I couldn´t find any of the stuff I wanted to buy for Christmas there so my next visit will probably be in three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care, Terry, I really do sincerely, care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! You don't care you tall bitch!!! I'm sat here crying, dipping my chips in coacoa. fnarf fnarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Subzero: bus there and back on time and not crowded....that in itself was ominous!!! Heh. They ARE moving our bus stops about -permanently. Perfectly good shelter bus stop torn up to be replaced by a shelter bus stop. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete