PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 15 December 2014

Black Tower: Tick Tock Its The Clock!





Ben R. Dilworth
A4
Black & White
Paperback,
31 Pages  
Ships in 3–5 business days

Feature Comics #21, 1936. the Clock, eventually revealed to be society man and former district attorney Brian O'Brien, wore a three-piece suit, a fedora, and a black full-face mask. The first masked hero of comics dealt with crime using guile and gun and usually left a calling card that bore an image of a clock and the words "The Clock Has Struck."

Ben Dilworth steps in to fill in the gaps and what MADE the Clock -plus a revelation: What happened to O'Brien's look-alike and crime busting companion Pug?

Prepare for violence, harsh language and to ask the question:can there ever really be justice from the barrel of a gun?

2 comments:

  1. I do like this comic book. I'm making another - shorter - The Clock comic. Most of the art's done. I guess sometime next year I'll send you a copy when I can get the dialogue fully sorted out. Sorry about the change of colour on the previous blog - you mentioned before that changing one thing can bugger up another, just thought you'd want to know. Star Wars - yeah. I bought a few of the Star Wars comics for the art - Empire Strikes Back story adaption. Really nice stuff. The art team also did ( and I'm useing my memory here so forgive me if I'm wrong ) an adaption of Blade Runner. I remember thinking it looked beautiful, but left me feeling somewhat cold - technically brilliant but without a lot of soul - which was perfect for the Blade Runner story. Anyway, I drivel.
    Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Christmas Clock" will go up on CBO on Christmas Eve -or before. I'm spending more time on the AOP site and doing research than on CBO. To be honest the utter two-faced nature of UK comics has made me withdraw more. Sales, incidentally -ZERO. I give up. Not drawn for ages. I could quite happily fade off into research again. "Herr Professor" keeps calling!

    ReplyDelete