PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 11 December 2014

Well, I Laughed

After my announcement earlier there were a couple of comments -as promised I deleted them.. However, one I wanted to quote part of as they are almost exactly the words I used semi-jokingly earlier today so thanks to the commenter (who I know).

"Well you are not one of the two-faced, back-stabbing, dope-taking, alcoholic lying sacks of **** clique members so you would NOT fit in with this bunch of ******!   You love comics and you are honest and you at least helped me out when no one else could be bothered."

Somewhere in the Midlands teeth are grinding and a face is turning red in fury.

2 comments:

  1. Well... I just came back from a couple of days of being away for the world - and .....
    I wish I had stayed lost. The license horror story.
    One day, when we meet up, Terry, have to sit down and compare scars. It seems we've both been through the grinder this year.
    I was writing to say that the package I sent you has a short letter the letter I had written hit the trash, but I realized today that I had thrown away the part that says thanks for the background info on the Lord Perish story characters - and their basis in reality. It's alot of fun to read up on the backgrounds of these characters and so know what was motivating them ( you ) in the story.
    It seems Paul had a good experience at his Finnish exhibition. Good. Great. I'm glad he got some of the recognition his work and talent deserves.
    You have to finish Green Skies, Terry. It's your magnum opus.And as for attending other UK events - you really should. You have to get your name out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If, after decades, my name isn't out there then I must be from a parallel dimension. Really, I cannot compete with people who have well paid jobs and can afford all the travelling expenses, hotels and £90-160 for a table. They are dilettantes no matter how nice or serious they are but comics are my bread earner....and the pigeons are starving. A couple other people have now admitted, after the posting, that my age may be putting people off. Tough, not a lot I can do about that.
    Europe is different I would sooner try to get my books there -I'm looking at a couple outlets- and build from that. Paul enjoyed his trip to Japan and wanted to stay there! I think it safe to say he loved the Finnish experience because he has said he would like to visit again. I have told him for years to get to Europe.
    The license thing is the tip of the ice berg. I've blabbed too much about my private life!
    The other day a surge of 200+ views of the AOP blog (which has had almost 20,000 views this year. Dump comics and cover myself in books and research....tempting.
    Even most interest in the Maakika work is from Europe and the USA. BUT on that blog and the AOP -no comments. Sales of the Maakika book or my mystery books...ZERO.
    Financially and business-wise I've been wired up to a fence and beaten up...several times. It's why I said "no more" the UK has had its chance and I hear from people in the US via the BT face book, that they can hardly believe what they read -especially the "snobbery" though I have to point out that it might seem like snobbery in the 1970s-1990s Small Press and comic people mixed together. Now the SP is full of people who have ner read comics and neither really attends the others events!
    Plans are afoot and the Avenger has said he will come out of retirement "if I make him"!
    Green Skies will be done when it's done. No deadlines any more. Return and Cross-Earths Caper have not sold a copy so no fans banging at the gate.
    I see my Royal Mails site the last post to Japan was 3rd December....I was told in the PO "13th" so my card to you is ****** (No, I DO NOT celebrate Christmas but I know it cheers people up!).
    oh well, of to prepare a trap for the Postman......I mean "greeting"

    ReplyDelete