PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Yahoo? **** You!

Today I lost a contract that would have made me money.  "How?" you ask.  "Yahoo!" I reply.

Okay. Work I really need -semi official- but I have to respond using an e contract sent to my old yahoo business email -they can only send it to the email they have because of security protocols (its the account I registered with them a few years back).

BUT Yahoo is not accepting my password of 5 years. I cannot change the password because I have to answer questions  "as close as possible and we can take it from there" (?!!).

Questions? Childhood hero....never had one.

Where I spent my honeymoon. 

I have never ever ever been married and never on a honeymoon. So I have explained it to Yahoo 'customer support' SIX times. Over and over now using NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER MARRIED but I have to guess where I might spend my imaginary honeymoon and see if it matches. 

Seriously. Despite pointing all this out over and over again and that I would NEVER choose those questions -I cannot get anything done until I answer the questions! 

 Now, they are contacting me by my "alternative email" -initially they told me my email was working because I received their message and I TWICE had to point out they were using the alternative email -as the one not working was not working. 

Apparently, a week in, after snapping back at them they say I can open another account with yahoo if I want. BUT as I've said over and over I need that account -the contract is there. 

And why do I not have a mobile number???  Because I DO NOT have a mobile phone.  Won't use them (but f Yahoo! has all this info on you it's more they can give to government or other agencies)

Deadline gone and so is the contract (it takes up to 2 weeks to officially register a new email with them as checks are involved). 

So all my profile info is on yahoo but am I me and why do I need access to my email? Yahoo cannot access a customers account to sort out what IS a tech problem? 

Really?

Want to open up an email address? Try anyone but Yahoo! 

 Oh. Yahoo now say the password I gave them is NOT the one they have. I have been with Yahoo since the 1990s, had a Yahoo 360 (CBO) blog and my two security questions and password are saved on a USB/ on the computer and written in a note book -all "in case". 

Yahoo have screwed up WHY are they able to access my password but not my profile -the same on both email accounts- to sort this out????

"For security reasons" I am now locked out of Yahoo! for 12 hours. Is "security reasons" a get out clause??? Yahoo! obviously do not like complainers

No comments:

Post a Comment