PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 2 January 2015

No More "Mrs Brown's Boys"?

I read that in a newspaper and twice on radio but it is not true.  There is a good explanation as to why media idiots got it all wrong....uh, am I counted as being in "the media".....?

Mrs Brown's Boys Specials Will Be Made Up To 2020 – Daily TV round-up

Brendan O'Carroll confirms festive shows.


Brendan O'Carroll has revealed that he will keep making 'Mrs Brown's Boys' Christmas specials up to 2020.

The writer and star of the huge ratings topper has two more already being planned, with further shows for the BBC and Irish broadcaster RTE until 2020.

The show's festive instalments have topped the Christmas ratings for the past two years, this year's drawing 7.6 million to BBC One.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, the 59-year-old star said: “I have been commissioned to write another two Christmas specials and the BBC are expecting Christmas specials up until 2020.

“I am lucky enough I can grow into the part and so that is nice. The Christmas special was quite naughty. But it was good fun to do.”

As for the rumours that he would not be writing 'Mrs Brown' beyond the Christmas specials, he was quick to say that was not the case.

More coming... O'Carroll denies show end rumours (Credit: PA)More coming... O'Carroll denies show end rumours (Credit: PA)

“There is absolutely no truth in the story I am not writing any more Mrs Brown’s Boys. I am.

“I would be very disappointed if that were the case, because that is the kind of fool I am. I work for 20 years to make something and as soon as it’s successful then I stop.

“My son Danny did an interview for a newspaper and it was a charity event at Donegal – as part of the interview to promote the event the journalist asked what is happening with Mrs Browns and he went, ‘Oh we have finished’, but what he meant is that we’d just finished filming the Christmas special.”

He added that the show's tours in the UK and Australia have almost sold out, and that there could be a spin-off show in the works too.

“The UK tour has just about sold out in 2015 and Australia in 2016 and I am working on a series at the moment but I haven’t worked out if it is a series or a movie – we are hoping to do pilots this year. I want to do a spin-off called Wash and Blow [about the salon in Mrs Brown’s Boys].

“And the other one is adapting the very first play I wrote and it’s about somebody who had to train six idiots on a positive mental attitude course.” [Daily Mirror]

3 comments:

  1. I see my comment disappeared. Didn't think you were into censorship, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY heavily into censorship. I thought everyone knew that -it's how I managed to get my books censored...though that might not have worked out as I wanted. Seriously, though, I just saw "purile s****" and never looked at who posted it. That said, I don't think the world order will fall overnight. And I was in a very bad and snappy mood. Here -how come none of my comments from last year appeared on your blog -I waited for the approval of comment. If they did appear later never saw them. One was on Don Starr and The Living Dolls, New Wonder Woman covers (or gallery?) some post about whether Superman or the Flash was fastest...couple others. Now to someone with a Saviour Complex THAT is censorship. I sobbed for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, any comments that you posted were published. The only thing I can think of is that some of them may have gone into my Spam file, which I seldom check these days. In fact, come to think of it, that can't be it, because all comments come through to my email address as well and every comment of yours that I saw (and I would've seen all of them), I published. However, I use comment moderation because of the abuse I get, so there might be a delay between you posting and me publishing, unless I'm on the computer when the comment comes in. And how could you miss my stunning avatar? I'm the best looking guy around for miles. I'm off in a huff to have a reality pill. But really, the 21st century, and a man in a dress is supposed to be amusing. No comments published in 2015? I considered doing away with the comments option, but the responses I received were very much against it. It seems that blog visitors like the interaction. I certainly think that Marvel Comics are the poorer for having no letters pages any more, so I can understand why my blog visitors like the comments option. Hope you have a great New Year, you ol' moaner - now go and take a happy pill.

    ReplyDelete