PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 14 February 2015

OCTOBRIANA: THE UNDERGROUND HISTORY

Coming from Kult Creations later this year, we have a book about everyone's favourite public domain superhero... Octobriana! The book with cover not only her mysterious creation and the 1971 book that brought her to the world's attention, but also her many uses since. And it will have brand new comic strip content written by me and illustrated by Gabrielle Noble. Get ready for the Russian Devil-Woman!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Terry, I'll keep this short as the internet keeps dropping out. #19 Sent you apackage today - I think it'll give you a smile. #2) Octobrianna; I remember her from Luther Arkwright by Bryan Talbot. Now there's a blast from the past. It'll be fun to seewhat Gabrielle Noble does with her. Right. Off. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. "#19"??? I'm guessing that was a typo.....unless....no. Anyway, yeah, I drew an Octobriana strip in...1991? There was also an Octobriana strip by a Finnish creator in Zine Zone's Finnish Issue which I think was 1990? Mine is long gone but I'm hoping I have a copy of ZZ still. Make me laugh? Very little makes me laugh these days. Oh, Dene Vernon for Green Skies -13 pages finished on...Friday 13th! oooooooooooooooooooooh. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Typo. Sorry, should have been #1). Oh, it'll put a smile on your face. I can almost guarantee it. Octobriana - you drew a strip ? If you can find it - post it ! That'd be great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, my Octobriana strip vanished years ago as did that issue of Adventure. As I don't leave the house much these days I find only joy in devising new ways to trap the postmen....though questions are being asked about their going missing. In case Five has GCHQ snooping in -that was a joke.

    ReplyDelete