PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Cinebook The 9th Art: SAM 2 - Robot Hunters

 
Authors: Richard Marazano & Shang
Age: 12 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 48 colour pages
paperback
Publication: March 2015

ISBN: 9781849182461
Price: £6.99 inc. VAT

A year has passed for the community of survivors. Ian and his team are still making dangerous forays to the ravaged surface in search of food and medicine, forced to go ever further each time. But one day, just as they’re about to be killed by one of the exterminator robots that constantly patrol the city, they’re saved by an old acquaintance not even Ian still hoped to see again: SAM, the strange robot that seems to want to protect the boy…

The art is detailed and the story is okay but even with the action picking up I have to write that it is leaving me cold.  I'm not sure whether it's the Manga style or not -the eyes are not that big, which I usually find a turn off.  I read volume 1 and volume 2 together but still. Nothing.

But that is me. I know that there are many out there who don't care what some cantankerous old fart in his fifties thinks (yes, I know, I look much younger) -they'll love this.  A boy and his robot.  A weaponised robot.

I'm hoping that the third volume in this series -"A Million Winters" -  gets me hooked more but, despite the lovely cover....no. Nothing.  My first "bad" Cinebook experience -while admitting that I do know this type of genre will be popular.  But if I said every Cinebook was superbly, fantastically, incredibly great I'd be just a PR mouth piece.

Try this series as no doubt I'm in the negative minority.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment