PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 1 May 2015

Prague Euro Comics Book Expo for 1992

It was 1991.  I was contacted about comics and the Prague Euro Comics Book Expo for 1992.  Could I help out?

Well, heck yes.  Especially as I was promised space to do my own thing at the Expo.  You'll note the Expo was organised by people based in London.  Never ever got a name.

So I went into automatic -publicising, putting material together.  Got the below event promo flyer and a thank you (of sorts).  Then silence.

Phone calls went to answer phone.  No return calls.  Faxes -no responses.  Letters -no replies.

Did it actually go ahead?  No idea.

Work in comics this sort of thing is quite common.

Going over the notes with this recent "find" cemented what I proposed the other day.  All these comic events get all the publicity and promise this and that but has one ever followed up with a post event PR/photos or even a "thanks for the promotion work"?

No. Only photos are if I went to an event and took them.

So, no, without a written and signed promise to send post event PRs, photos or event booklets/catalogues (I'm a comic historian after all) NO MORE EVENT PUBLICITY.

Since the 1980s I have actually gotten NOTHING out of promoting events (with Mike Allwood's Bristol Expo I did get a free press pass) but put in work that amounts to many hours -all unpaid and 99.9% of the time not even a "thank you".

Don't take me for a dool any more.  Pretend you didn't know?  Your emails get marked as spam.

"Take advantage of Terry" is over.




No comments:

Post a Comment