PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 21 May 2015

Things HAVE Changed

I said changes were coming repeatedly on CBO and they have.  All those "regulars" visiting CBO, however, appear to have suffered from word blindness.

Firstly, I said that, unlike the old WordPress CBO where it got out of hand regarding blog links -so many blogs just closed or had no up-dates in a year or so- I said about four times that if blogs on the current list had not been up-dated in the past 4-6 months links would be deleted.  Well, blogs were on the list that had not been up-dated for 6-9 months and one even a year.

Deleted.

To then furiously email me asking -demanding- to know WHY....well, you got your replies. Your blogs still not up-dated and even if they were they ain't going on MY blog list again.

Only blogs I regularly check and like go on the CBO blog roll which is, after all, my blog list.

Now, we come to another matter.  The snide comments from people in the UK 'comic community'.  These people NEVER comment on the positive posts.  I checked back to their first postings. I think there is a certain amount of jealousy going on which is childish and ridiculous -constant remarks about the accuracy of my blog stats (from two different stat sources, questioning whether publishers have had increased sales or responses after posts -which they tell me about- and even "just because that many check your blog doesn't mean they read a post -I don't"....Whaat?!!

I would say "take care of your own blogs  (one not up-dated in 9 months) and keep your nose out of mine" and I mean that.  I've checked all the comments and nothing ever positive and I'm not here to massage your bruised ego or jealousy.

And regarding the over-pricing of tables at comic events I have already dealt with this in detail so I'm guessing another bout of word blindness or simply guilty conscience or being put up to making a snide comment.  Put your case politely not "oh yeah?!"

http://hoopercomicart.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/uk-comic-events-hate-me-for-who-i-am.html

When I review or promote someone and their book or company I don't expect much -just a "thanks" is enough.  But review after review and posting and nothing -not even a link on their own site to say "our book has been reviewed on CBO"- well, more fool me.

This is my blog and I post my views and what I want.  You want to try stirring things up then do it on your own blog because I've had it with flamers and trolling half-wits.  I've obviously been too polite in the past and let me tell those I'm aiming this at: you are bloody lucky I did not write what I had planned.

CBO may criticise but based on facts.  Overall, it tries to give a positive view of comics -independent and with my own perspective.  I want people interested in comics to come hear, read and maybe enjoy and come back again.  NOT see negativity from the claimed 'comic community'.

I can guarantee a couple of blogs are about to explode.  Who cares.

Back to real fun comics now.

No comments:

Post a Comment