PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 15 August 2015

Bristol Comic Marts or: "Comics" Is A Very Dirty word

As I mentioned a while back, I am attempting to organise one or two Saturday comic marts in Bristol. However, I have been hitting snags.

I find a venue. No problem. Yes, they do have dates in April and July, 2016.  "A comic event.  Hang on..." usually a longish pause then: "Ah, no. I'm reading the wrong events book.  No free dates until much later in the year."

It's all nice until that dirty five-letter word "comic" is spoken.

Now, I'm not sure what is going on but I tried a couple of small venues that have had Small Press days. It's either an outright "No." Or "It might seem a bit disloyal to the Small Press event" -I point out the difference but no.

I am still looking but I need to keep any mart as a Central Bristol event since every bus service in Bristol goes through the City Centre or Broadmead and the bus and Temple Meads are not that far off.

Any progress I'll update.

No comments:

Post a Comment