PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Hey -I Got Me My Die schönsten Geschichten für Kinder!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2e/e4/b8/2ee4b804f253e8d176cc8138ab020479.jpg
The photo above of Max and Moritz dolls/puppets (?) no idea where I got it from or whether these are very old but love 'em!

You may ask: "What are Max and Moritz?"  Or even "Busch who??" Well, if you are into comics and comics history you really should know.  However, rather than me write something "basic" check this out to learn about Busch:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Busch

And here to learn about Max and Moritz:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_and_Moritz

 Wilhelm busch.png
Above: self portrait -Wilhelm Busch

Which brings me to this baby!
http://www.babyblogbuch.de/wp-content/uploads/b5fca79be55a.jpg
Wilhelm Busch: Die schönsten Geschichten für Kinder
  • Hardcover
  • Publisher: Schwager Und Steinlein (Jan. 2010)
  • Language: German
  • ISBN-10: 3867756279
  • ISBN-13: 978-3867756273
  • Product Dimensions: 23 x 3.8 x 30.8 cm 
  • 254 pages -full colour 
 Now, I got this book, advertised as "English Version" though I suspected Amazon was incorrect there.  I was right.  It's "auf Deutsch"!  But it is a bulky book and was even shrink-wrapped.  Now as I got this for just over £4.93 ($9.00 US) I thought I had made an error and checked. Nope, it was that price.

Let me tell you, I have not seen these stories, certainly never as a big collection, since my early teens -that is the LAST century.  And when I opened this beauty up....wow.  The colours are so bright and clean and printing is perfection.  I'm just hoping the other Busch book I ordered, Das Berliner Wilhelm-Busch-Album: Max un Moritz, Hans Huckebeen, Plisch un Plum un andre Jeschichten (I think that last word should be "geschichten"!), is half as good as this one.

Whereas my Hansrudi Wascher book is more technical German this book is meant for kids.  Hey -even I can read this.  What I will not do, however, is open the book up, crack its spine just to show you sample pages -I just do not love you that much!  So photos will have to suffice though they do not do the pages justice.  

A nice addition to my 1980s exhibit booklet The Sons On Max and Moritz!




1 comment:

  1. My reference for Wilhelm Busch is the Fun Collection published by Braun and Schneider in 1963. Which . . . I can't seem to find at the moment. Maybe I ought to have a section for misplaced books! Transference to the house 'retreat' vastly incomplete. This place has covered generations and will take years to sort out.

    ReplyDelete