PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 21 December 2015

Everyone Makes Money Except The Creators!

This is what is so soul destroying as a writer or artist.

I've had my comics and now my Maakika art offered as pdf by someone in Russia -making money, too.

The thing is that these are MY pdf and the only place that had them other than me was lulu.com which leaves a LOT of questions.

Complain? Good luck with that because even if Russia recognised copyright the person behind all this will just move to another server.

You might think that appealing to the uploader and explaining that every sale is vital money and how long it takes you to produce the art might work?  Like hell.  They make money so why should they care? 

Everyone makes money from my work other than me.

2 comments:

  1. That has thoroughly pissed off my day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting about the PDFs and, yes, highly suspicious! I would certainly be questioning. You have had doubts about Lulu before I remember.

    ReplyDelete