PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 28 December 2015

I'm Hunting Avengers!


To complete my first volume of Marvel Comics The Avengers, by mainly replacing the stolen ones I need:

#124  125  129-141  143-150

Ebay UK sellers want £20+ (that issue above? £22-45) and that's because they are grimy conmen.  I can actually buy these issues from the United States for around £2-£3 each.  "So buy them from the US!" You say.

NOT when postage for each is between £9-15 (that's $21-30+). 

What the hell happened to UK comic dealers....or did they all go off to become Ebay crooks??

6 comments:

  1. Well, you could look for some collected editions : http://crushingkrisis.com/collecting-avengers-comic-books-as-graphic-novels-a-definitive-guide/collecting-the-avengers-1963-105-226-comic-books-as-graphic-novels/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm going to search for ones that cover the issues I need but I found one that had just ONE issue I needed the rest of the contents I had and I prefer not to spend money on books TWICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how that is. I just finally ordered the SHOWCASE of BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS because I got tired of waiting for DC to put out the material in a nice collection. While Disney is putting anything they can get their hands on into an omnibus book - they even did AVENGERS : THE CROSSING and ATLANTIS ATTACKS two of the worst stories ever - DC is waiting decades until they finally put out the good stuff. Maybe it´s just me but I think they should reprint all of Jim Aparo´s stuff. I mean the guy is dead now so he can´t sue them. What the f#ck is the issue here ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now WHY would you like to see a Jim Aparo collection, hmm? Quite right that he's dead so no money to dish out but I think they'd just print under the Work-for-hire label. Gotta rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want to know why ? Because I´m egoistic. I want to read it so get to it DC, dammit. Or else !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete