PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 1 December 2015

So, Who Should Play Clea In Dr Strange?

I was asked whether I had hear if the character Clea would be in the new Dr Strange movie?  Well, believe it or not, I do not get consulted on these things!

I mean, if I were then there are two actresses I'd say ought to be in the running for the part of Strange's "love interest" and they are....

Essie Davis (Miss Fisher Mysteries)

Before you say a thing, Davis is a blond...or she was last week, I think.  But what the hell. Great actress and incredible cheekbones.

Proof?


The other, obviously, is Cate Blanchett.  Also a great actress and, just realised, also has great cheekbones.   Theme somewhere here.
http://funnyfunda.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Cate-Blanchett-Regan-Cameron-photoshoots-6.png
And I know everyone will have their own opinions so, without being rude about either of these two actresses -who would you choose?

And, Subzero, Ya Ya Han is not a contender.  NO.

Oh, and, yes, I am old enough to still say "actor" (male) and "actress" (female) especially after seeing a recent conversation in which a person could not remember the name of the "actor" and kept shaking his head as his friend kept offering names -"Mel Gibson?" "No!" "George Cloony?" "No!  The one with the legs!" And "The one with the legs? WTF you talking about???"  long pause....."Oh -a woman?"

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

I come from the past.

5 comments:

  1. From what I have heard, Rachel McAdams has been cast in the film to star opposite Benedict Cumberbatch. She certainly has Clea's look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say I'm impressed. But this is "little Princess" Disney. And I apologise to McAdams -no problems with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looking at The Chicago Tribune' review of her in The Time Traveller's Wife. " Every scene she is in - even the silly ones - becomes better, truer, often against long odds because she's in it. Her work feels spontaneous, yet technically precise ". Blimey; she was Irene Adler with Robert Downey's Sherlock Holmes. I'll have to see how that played out.

      Delete
  3. Does The Chicago Tribune EVER quote me? No. Still not seen a movie with her in. Floppity fop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just possible that you have a wider circulation! She's been in both Sherlock Holmes films with Robert Downey. The biggest question posed would be though, could you believe that Stephen Fry is Mycroft Holmes and Downey's Sherlock's brother ??? I could conceivably be pushed into getting the discs of these just to see how it all plays out. On a personal level, the hands are improving all the time and the exhaustion, mentally, is easing thank to the brain barrier passing mag I am taking. I feel the real artist returning after thirty years. I almost can't believe it.

      Delete