PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 20 March 2016

And Now A Word From Our Sponsors....

....CBO Doesn't Have Any Sponsors? Crap!


Someone asked why there had only been 259 posts so far this year?  You realise we are only in March -right?  But I think someone -you know who- wasn't reading CBO properly last year, were you?

CBO gets no sponsorship.  In the past I tried Adsense but they wouldn't pay up so they were dropped like a brick straight out of a kiln.  NEVER EVER think about Adsense.  I tried from 2005-2015 to get people paying a rock bottom price to advertise on CBO -thousands of views a day, get your product noticed.  No. "We don't want to pay anyone -just post our free stuff!" Even companies I supported when they were starting out stuck up the proverbial two fingers.

Which creates problems. CBO takes -or took- up hours a day of research, typing....just a lot of work. The feedback always coming from the usual 4-5 people....out of thousands.  365 days of the week (unless I was too ill to get to a keyboard) several long hours to make CBO what it was.

A full time job with no pay and 1% (actually I think it works out as 00.45%) feedback meant burn-out.  WHY should I carry on when I had no idea who read what, would they like to see more of this or that? I did warn last year that CBO was being pulled. I was in the process of shutting the site down and a very timely intervention just stopped me.  "Do it for fun, for what you enjoy!"  So that is what I announced I would do.

You send your books they still get reviewed. Just do NOT send me press releases on your UK comic events or kick-starters: both go straight to Spam.

And as I am now a recognised comics (UK comics and annuals) valuer on top of being a comics historian and blogger I thought "go with it".  So I have produced a few posts on Tarzan comics.  I have also tried to highlight, so that none of you out there interested in buying, the crooked pricing going on (I just got a batch of near mint UK Tarzans for £7.00 -about 10 so you work out the price and certainly not £9.99 or £29.00 or £50!) especially with Ebay dealers.

I love comics and art and I hate seeing comickers getting ripped off. Also, thanks to "McClure" from New York who wrote: "You are spot on, budd, the Gold Key Tarzan comics ain't a great read and the interior art isn't inspiring -its the cover art we want and most collectors wont buy below Near Mint or Mint".  "Budd"!

So I'm looking at topics I enjoy -certainly the German comic videos and German comics postings have attracted a lot of views.  But the Jean Marc Lofficer and Hexagon/Wanga comics posts get similar views.

Don't fear, I've not given up. I just spend less time running around looking for CBO material. 

But if you've books,small press comics,  graphic novels, comic albums, dvd  you want reviewed -here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment