PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Thursday 21 April 2016

CBO "Ain't American" ...So, Apparently, Does Not Count!


Following a comment on a CBO posting yesterday I looked at a few "Top 20"/"Top 50" comic blog surveys online. Because it is odd that so few have the word "Comic" in their titles, so I thought, but there are quite a few, and mainly in the United States.

I was surprised, but not shocked, to see that CBO is nowhere to be seen even though it, and another blog I have, daily get far more views per day and feeds than some in the top 20, 30, 40 or 50. BUT they all appear to be American.

I wrote to one of the list makers pointing out that no UK nor European blogs seemed included. The response was that "We are only looking at United States as it is the comic country". I was so tempted to respond top that....

You see, I had never considered, when looking at different stats and so on, that they are looking at US sites and posts.  The bias is on America and if you are not an American blog or blogger then that is just tough.  Who said the internet was fair?

So carry on as before....

5 comments:

  1. What can you do when given that feedback - simply unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynical and miserable, possibly counterproductive rant removed. Too much state of frustration, annoyance and caffeine.

      Delete
  3. After my brief Punk career and single "expletive you! expletive! expletive!" I got into improvisational and with my C45 tape release "I'm gonna make yer momma all kinds of messed up tonight" I realised I didn't care about charts or stuff like that. Enough Americans support CBO by popping in which is that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss having a tape machine. I know that stuff can be done digitally with various programmes like Audacity etc, but I just liked what you could do with tape. My reaction is the same as that Delia Derbyshire had upon the introduction of the synthesizer.

      Delete