PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Saturday 23 July 2016

Cinebook The 9th Art: The Marquis of Anaon 4 - The Beast


PAPERBACK
Authors: Vehlmann & Bonhomme
Age: 12 years and up
Size: 21.7 x 28.7 cm
Number of pages: 52 colour pages
Publication: July 2016

ISBN: 9781849182782
£7.99 inc VAT
Available around 29th July
Reviews of previous volumes:
Isère, on the marches of France. A regiment of dragoons enters a seemingly deserted village to find several badly mangled bodies and evidence of an attack by a wild animal. Survivors speak of a massive beast with almost human eyes, of a werewolf... The thing’s trail leads over the border with the Duchy of Savoy, and the commander of the dragoons takes a small detachment, in civilian clothes, after it. With them is his cousin: Jean-Baptiste Poulain…
I can see elements of The Beast of Gevaudan in this!  (You have read Some Things Strange & Sinister, haven't you?)  In a way I am glad this preview has no interior pages because that might spoil things. The action picks up slowly and believe me, if while reading a comic album I say "F***!" out loud it is GOOD.
In fact, going over my previous reviews of volumes 1-3 I realised that this series always catches me by surprise.  I was rather "luke warm" with the first volume, which I like "but-" and from there on it has led to this.
As a matter of fact, to be really honest, I did swear again when I got to page 43 -after that came the "F***!" pages. 
The writing and pacing are just superb and the art I can't fault and colours by "Delf" -all three combine to make a book that really deserves far more praise and recognition.
BUY this or sit there knowing you MISSED OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment