PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 24 July 2016

UP-DATE If I Told You Stats Read 666 Would You Worry?

I've mentioned before how the official visits to CBO (the daily views) can be low compared to the actual visits via other sources -social media, web links and so on that are not counted.

I'll explain.  At this very moment Daily Views to CBO (where people click on CBO directly) stands at 666 but don't get worried about that figure!

Looking at page views via other sources, that are listed on the same page but not counted, I just saw the first two figures and thought "Oh. That's right!" Here:

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
527
Russia
380
United Kingdom
76
Germany
66
Hong Kong
25
Ukraine
25
France
24
New Zealand
20
Singapore
20
Canada
17


Now, unless I am very wrong that totals 1,180.  This is why I never really bother with stats -figures are just a jumble of numbers.  But if you add 1,180 + 666 you get  1,846 which is the total views up to 1700hrs BST.

Countries and time zones vary so right now, somewhere, its the middle of the morning, afternoon, evening or night which is why the countries views come from mix up constantly. Someone asleep now will wake up in his/her morning and check CBO or in the evening after his/her work day ends.

That is about the main thing that intrigues me with this blog: who? Where? When? And, of course, Why?

Now, I got a Face Book message asking why I don't show stats a couple hours after the ones above? Well, okay, it is now 20:00 hrs BST and...

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
Russia
420
United States
389
United Kingdom
79
Hong Kong
71
Germany
65
Ukraine
25
New Zealand
20
Singapore
20
France
18
Canada
16

The total views now, adding the 800+ direct to CBO figure,  stand at 1, 938 and I thought "What about a snap shot of views exactly at 20:01 hrs -not for the whole day up to 20:00hrs but at that very minute?
EntryPageviews
Russia
40
Hong Kong
23
United Kingdom
4
Brazil
2
Germany
2
France
2
Singapore
2
United States
2

I've done this previously and suddenly Malaysia, Iceland, Portugal -all the countries that do not appear in the Day Total because the number of views does not hit a certain point.  So, I know Australia and New Zealand do have people checking CBO out but, though the countries appear on my other blogs they do not here. Never sorted out why but THANK YOU -I know you are checking CBO out.

And we have the networks Google/Blogger will not recognise.  Apparently there are quite a number of views from the Peoples Republic of China but the servers and systems they use are "blocked" from inclusion possibly for political reasons.  If you are in the PRC and view CBO -THANK YOU.  And also THANK YOU to Hong Kong from which there are views each day.

I used to think that a blog was simple.  Stats were simple. It was only when I realised that Daily Views and views from countries did not tally that I looked into it and found out what was going on.

You may not agree with what I write or like what I write but if you have at least read and considered what I write then my run on this blog has been worthwhile and I thank YOU for giving up your time.


Oh, and Google+ views stand at 2,944,425 views

No comments:

Post a Comment