PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 30 September 2016

Black Tower Open Revenue Report

Default Logo

To date, 2016 has seen some 24 books sold. Sales totalling £62.83 but note that every sale tagged as "US" has later had US taxes paid (something Lulu -the POD) does not show but which would be helpful.  So "Revenue" is sales before tax (which is why you see "Revenue*").

Where you see £0.00 those are some of the books I purchased for friends hence, I make no money!

In total some eight (8) books were purchased by people in the United States but taxes took care of a lot of that BUT I am very grateful for any custom!

Only six (6) were sold in the UK which shows the amount of interest here though, again, I do not turn my nose up at any custom am I am grateful someone in the UK bought my books.

Someone in Italy purchased the Ultimate British Gold Collection and I hope he/she enjoyed it! Well, no one in the UK seems interested in our comics history so...

And I am VERY grateful to whomever it was in France that purchased Some Things Strange & Sinister and Some More Things Strange & Sinister -Thank you"

taking away the US taxes the total sales revenue up to September is around £48.00 which, for a business I work on 7 days a week, holidays included, is...a loss.

Check it out yourselves...





And you want to know about September sales?

So there you go.  Open publishing which is 99.9% unheard of in UK comics (I'm the 1%!) and with the wide spectrum of genres and books Black Tower has -the biggest selection in Europe- you have to ask how this is alleged to be a "thriving and growing industry"?

No comments:

Post a Comment