PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Sunday 18 September 2016

Found. Answered. Up-Dated. Rescue From Japan Planned.

Emergency over. Stewart, his magic tea pot and Krahbum the geni as well as Mikey's Monsters were introduced in The Cross Earths Caper.  Why there? No idea but it must have seemed a good idea at the time.

A question: "How do you think you are knowledgeable enough to comment on French comics?" Answer: well, as far as I am aware I have not commented on French comments but have reviewed French comics such as those from Wanga and Hexagon -but I can't afford to buy for review so that's been a while ago.  I have interviewed Jean Marl Lofficier.

That's French comics.

French Bandes Dessinee I have reviewed and, yes, I have seen a lot. Here are the books waiting on new shelves:


That lot come up to about 4 feet (1.2m)  in height each.  So I have reviewed and seen a lot of different styles but I am not in a position to comment on the French scene, though with some of the highest daily viewing figures coming from France I wish I could!

How big is that stack of A3 artwork I mentioned?

That's a twelve inch (30 cms) ruler so about 17 inches (47cms) high (I just realised a small pile of A3 art was on my sofa so not included!).

Wanna see how high a stack of A3 pages make up the current (not completed) Green Skies book?



Well, it's a lot.  Those yellow post-it notes show where certain sections of the book start and end.

It's about 490+ pages.  Not really been counting but I do want to get to some tidying up on a few pages while working on pre-Green Skies build up work.  Going to be my last major project so what the heck -even if only I and three others get to read this it'll be done and dusted.

So I found where those pages went (all original artwork will be burnt when I shift this mortal coil and that's guaranteed), answered a question (not from a French person either) and up-dated...well, sort of. Now I have to go plan someone's escape from Japan -watch the news headlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment