PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Friday 30 September 2016

"You seem quite high profile"

Just had a chat to someone who got my name from BBC Radio Bristol and he has done some research on me (oooh). He asked why, if I've been publishing from Bristol since the early 1980s I won't do local comic events?

Sigh.

I pointed out that I have NEVER boycotted nor refused to do any comic events in Bristol. It's just that no one tells me about events and when they do I never get a table. "You seem quite high profile" he says. So I pointed out that this gave me zero per cent guarantee of getting a table at an event because it's all very much a clique and who you know.

I try to be polite to these people but it's hard.  So hard.  So is trying to be polite!

No comments:

Post a Comment