PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Monday 3 July 2017

Too Violent For 2000 AD?

I may have posted this before on the old CBO site.  In 1986 I submitted these pages ~pencils by me and inks by Ben Dilworth~ to 2000 ADs editor by request.  Not even sure what the story was but out of the blue I got a phone call and was told the pages were too violent for 2000 AD....

Yeah...that struck me as odd.  "Too violent for 2000 AD"

As  it happens I found my note book from 1995 and in it I note a phone chat with a former boss over at Fleetway. The real reason the strip was rejected was...get ready for this..."==== (editor) couldn't get his head around the art style"  Well, we are talking about an editor.













artwork (c)2017 T. Hooper/Ben R. Dilworth

No comments:

Post a Comment