PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 24 January 2018

DR LEUNG'S COMICS -up-date with more art!

Since I opened up this version of CBO in 2011 the all time number of readers from China stands at some 1,128,597 which I find impressive if no one else does.  I am aware that Chinese readers from outside the Peoples Republic, such as Singapore and Taiwan, regularly visit CBO.

In the past I have tried to feature posts on the differences between Manhwa, Manhua and Manja, Ma Wing Shing, Tony Wong and others.  I have even had a couple of lengthy articles translated into Simplified Chinese before one regular, a Chinese student studying in the UK, pointed out that I had enabled an online translator on CBO so my going to all the effort was not necessary!

I try my best.  I'm old.

Anyway, I am just sorry that I cannot provide new Chinese comics news or look at new Chinese comics but the Chinese food stores that used to stock these regularly along with newspapers and magazines just do not seem to carry them any more.

And for someone on my non-existent budget buying from Hong Kong, Singapore or Taiwan is not an option.  Maybe one day.

For this post I have found a few extra images and I think adding them will at least make this post a bit more cheerful!




I came across a copy of 4D MONKEY quite by accident while browsing through boxes of old comics in Bristol's AREA 51 shop. It was in a sealed bag for the meagre price of 25p so I grabbed it!

Sadly,some moron had clipped out various bits from the interior,ruining the comic.

However,it is a very nice, futuristic, space version of Monkey, Pigsy and Sandy that many of us will be familiar with via the TV series and tales. 





Yin Fei -The Chinese Ninja gets involved in the mystery of the "Ghost Village"!  Another accidental find in AREA 51 but I'd love to know how it got there;I don't recall ever seeing Dr Leung Comics during the late 1980s Jademan inspired explosion....someone's comic picked up on holiday?


These are new images I have found but information is lacking though I have written about One Armed Swordsman before.





 



 4D Monkey see above post and what I've written there.



 Magic Monkey features the same characters though I am guessing -guessing- this was an anthology as Street Fighter features on a cover and even if not named I'd know the characters!






 And finally...The Invincible Four of Kung Fu and Ninja.  Anyone going to argue?

 

If anyone knows anything...please get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment