I know a few of those who visit CBO are wargamers so, here's some info on an event in November and I may just go to enjoy myself and ease into retirement!
REVEILLE II 2015
Sunday 29th November 10.00-4.00pm
According to Miniature Wargames, Reveille is a fine example of a local wargaming show. It is a friendly event, packed with traders, games and a bring & buy. There are always multiple participation games to join in
It's at the same venue as always, Lincombe Barn Folk House, Overndale Road, Downend, Bristol, BS16 2RW
Entry prices : Adults £3, Concessions £1.50 (under 18s, OAPs).
The show is currently raising money for the Battlegames Combat Stress Appeal. Money is raised through the entry fee, a raffle and other donations.
Combat Stress is the UK's leading charity specialising in the treatment and support of British Armed Forces Veterans who have mental health problems.
Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages, and currently Combat Stress is supporting over 5,000 Veterans aged from 20 to 101, providing a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.
The treatment and support services they provide are always free of charge, and are proven to work, for more details visit their site at: www.combatstress.org.uk
Regular Trader include:
The traders for 2014 are:
* Magister Militum - The home of over 9,160 wargames products for wargamers everywhere, from Akkadians to Zulus, Tanks to U-boats, aircraft to orcs we have thousands of products in various scales - www.magistermilitum.co.uk
* The Square - 10mm flags, resin casts, 10mm figures and more. - www.thesquare-wargames.co.uk
* The Scene - excellent resin scenery, painted and unpainted. - www.thesceneuk.com
* Grubby Tanks/Britannia Miniatures - 20mm WW2 vehicles and figures. - www.grubbytanks.com
* Minimi Miniatures - high quality range of affordable WWII 20mm vehicles and 20mm / 15mm terrain for wargamers. Now sell a fine range of 28mm Pirate ships. - www.minimi.co.uk
* Reinforcements - selling a large collection of 20mm tanks & vehicles as well as other items - www.reinforcements.org.uk
* Clockwork Goblin - War without end figures in 15mm and 28mm - http://www.clockworkgoblinminis.co.uk/
* Last Man Last Bullet - Scenery from 6mm to 40mm. - http://www.lastmanlastbullet.co.uk/
* History of Wargaming Project - re-publishing classic Wargaming books. - www.wargaming.co
* Scarab Miniatures - produce 28mm and 1/48th scale model soldiers for wargamers, collectors and model makers. - http://scarabminiatures.com
* Glenbrook Painting Services - a painting service to gamers and collectors, from 10 to 54mm - Glenbrook Painting Service
* Angel Barracks - 6mm SciFi figures, scenery and rules - http://angelbarracks.co.uk
* Orange Square Games - Dystopian Wars, Infinity, Malifaux etc - http://squareorangegames.co.uk/
* Instant Armies - All ranges of painted and unpainted figures.
* Ironclad Miniatures - Manufacture high quality models for wargaming in a variety of scales including 15mm, 20mm and 25mm amongst others. - http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/
* Area 51 - Bristol's premier comics and games store and specialising in all things related - http://area51online.co.uk/
* Warlord Games - Plastic, resin and metal historical figures - http://www.warlordgames.com/
* Forlorn Hope - High-quality 28mm miniatures for wargamers, painters, modelers and collectors - http://www.forlornhopegames.co.uk/
* Stonewall Figures - Stonewall Figures provide their popular painted Battalion packs all over the world - http://www.stonewallfigures.co.uk
* Great Escape Games - Dead Man's Hand, Rules of Engagement and Clash of Empires - http://www.greatescapegames.co.uk/
Bring and Buy
Your chance to flog those items you never quite finished and grab yourself a bargain too. Please bag your sales into a small number of big lots rather than many tiny lots. This means we can total up your money quickly and the chance of error is minimized. People expect bargains so price your items to sell. Save yourself loads of time at the show by printing off your 'Bring and Buy' form. Just click on the link, press the 'Print' button to print it and then press the 'Back' button to return here.
Here is the Bring and Buy Form and the Bring and Buy Form continuation sheet should you need it.
* Car: On the M4 motorway exit at J19 onto the M32. Exit immediately at Junction 1 of the M32. At the bottom of the sliproad go left, straight on through the Hambrook traffic lights, then bear right (signposted Downend) at the roundabout, turn first right after the Cleevewood shops.
* Train: Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Parkway (closer).
* Buses: The timetables for buses in Bristol can be found at www.firstgroup.com.
A small part of the premises are not fully accessible to those with mobility problems due to a flight of stairs. Therefore we will make no charge for entry to the show for those with such difficulties.
Cashpoint: Lloyds, HSBC and the Co-op all in Badminton Rd, Downend.
Pubs: Green Dragon (Badminton Rd), Beaufort Hunt, Horseshoe, White Swan (Downend Rd), Sandringham Arms(Quakers Road).
Shops: Somerfield (Cleeve Hill Extension), Threshers (Overndale Road), the Co-op (Badminton Road), the Post Office (Quakers Road).