PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Testing....Testing....Just Had One Big Bang!

Just checking the computer is working as all the electricity went off.

You know how you think to yourself "Bills paid, nothing owing. Time to treat myself"?  I did just that as I put the potato bake I've been looking forward all day into the oven.  One minute later, flash from kitchen and loud "Boompf!"

Cooker gone.  My meal gone.

Bwaaaaah!

Belling cookers, heh?  Two years old, not used that often and then....dead.  At least it never set fire to the house.

I did see, happily, that I just sold a copy of Some Things Strange And Sinister to someone in the United States. £15.00.  Well, £15.00 is the cover price from which I get £4.67.  But a sale is a sale. Right?

And, as my computer is going REALLY slow I'm guessing the whole electricity blowing HAS affected it. sigh.  Could this year get better?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God. Wow. Take care, Terry ! I'm glad you're not hurt - that's the most important thing. Jesus. You must remember you are not Professor Twatt - making a new universe in the microwave is not something you should try at home ! If you weren't a bit lucky you could've easilly become a story in your own tales of SOME THINGS STRANGE AND SINISTER. The exploding man... just why was he covered in some kind of crispy potato topping ? Be ... careFUL.
    And yes, a sale is a sale; I still think that that is a great title - you should push it to a TV company and be a consultant. Anyway.... Off home. G'night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. No risk to me -I wear rubber soled boots. "Always be prepared like we were behind enemy lines on D-Day!" as my gran used to say. Been in much bigger bangs than that. I got it wrong by saying "Belling" it was a notorious EU regs approved Beko -dangers in themselves. I have pushed the TV angle on the books but not a single response. Starting 2015 I'm going for the digital channels. If you dont try-- Book title was going to become a joke. Some Things Strange And Sinister -Some MORE things Strange And Sinister but then I re-thought it. Hence Pursuing The Strange & Weird:A Naturalists Viewpoint -since I do have my name of 3-4 technical and conference papers and I'm quoted as "a noted naturalist". Oddest thing was talking to some scholars from a university and as the meeting broke up one turned to the other and said "Are you going to ask?" The Professor looks at me and says: "A couple of my students asked if you're the man publishes comics?" To which I said: "yes. Tell them to buy some!" Huge laugh -I've had policemen ask the same thing. So WHY are they not buying my books and how do they know this??????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're such a boy scout - always prepared. Yes, you're right. Book titles are so important in that they can reach out and pique a persons curiosity and interest or they can throw a wet blanket on the whole thing. Pursuing The Strange And Weird * A Naturalists Viewpoint has a more measured and scholarly tone, while still seeming accessible - whereas Some Things Strange and Sinister ( which I like ) is more a 'tabloid' splash heading. I think for sales, location and opportunity are important, most people just assume you're 'Marvel' ( your FB page e.g.) and don't unerstand the reality. Anyway - back to work. Thanks for the Silvermaigne cover ad. The covers look good.

    ReplyDelete