PLEASE Consider Supporting CBO

Please consider supporting Comic Bits Online because it is a very rare thing in these days of company mouthpiece blogs that are only interested in selling publicity to you. With support CBO can continue its work to bring you real comics news and expand to produce the video content for this site. Money from sales of Black Tower Comics & Books helps so please consider checking out the online store.
Thank You

Terry Hooper-Scharf

Tuesday 23 May 2017

What I Am TRYING To Read

Read Matthew Lewis' The Monk a good while ago.  Ponderous but in its day absolutely shocking!  Judging by what some bloggers have written they have never read the book!

 I am now, if my failing eyes let me, trying to read the 551 pages The Skeleton Crew, or, Wildfire Ned (published 1866~1867).

Mad does not cover it but if you are not used to Victorian prose as used in "Penny Dreadfuls" look out!

I do hope I survive to the end.....of the book!


jjjjjj

No comments:

Post a Comment